In our daily life we use different softwares to convert the video or audio file to our require format. For example if you have an MP3 music player, so you will need audio files (.mp3 format) to play on your MP3 player. If you have any other device like smart Phone, IPad, IPod etc, then you will need to convert the video file to your required format that is supported by your device. Mostly latest smart devices support all type of formats (.mp3, .mp4, .avi , .flv etc) but some old and low cost devices does not support all formats.
To convert audio or video file to any other format, we need software to convert the file to our required format. There are bunch of free software available for this purpose, which include some other software claiming Fast you PC, Clean you PC etc. So why to install such unnecessary software when your VLC can do this all for you simply. Follow these steps to convert your file to any format using VLC player:
- Open VLC Player. Click on Media tab and click Convert / Save. (See Snapshot)
2. On the next window click Add to add file that you want to convert.
3. Next click on Converter / Save tab and select Converter.
4. On next window select your desired format from Profile menu. (See Snapshot)
5. Click on Browse tab and select the destination where you want to save the file after conversion. Here you will also give a name to your file to be converted and click Save. (See Snapshot)
6. Next you have to click just Start option.
7. After clicking Start the VLC Time Bar will show the progress of conversion. (See Snapshot)
It will take a while to convert (depends on the size of the source file). After process completion check the destination folder and you will get you desired format. Share & enjoy