Most of the people don’t care of their Computers and don’t /can’t buy a professional antivirus to keep their Computer secure and virus free. Hence we face different security issues of which some are invisible while some are visible to us. Visible issues are like: window or registry file are damaged and you will reinstall windows, data hiding or data lose etc.
USB Shortcut is a virus which creates a shortcut in you USB/Flash Drive and put all your data in a shortcut. Then your flash drive does not show any data but only a Shortcut. When you click on this shortcut it gives an error and denies access to this shortcut. Now a days USB shortcut issue is very common with everyone but don’t worry. I am going to tell you how to resolve this issue and get your data back out of the shortcut. The Shortcut virus shows like this
Follow these simple steps to recover your data from shortcut.
- Open cmd (command prompt) with Administrator privileges.
- Copy and paste this command in command prompt “attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*” (without quotes).
(Note: g:\ is my effected Flash driver. Please check you Flash drive letter i-e ; D,E F and enter that instead of g. If your flash drive letter is F then you will type like this: attrib -h -r -s /s /d F:\*.*)
- Now press enter and wait for a while (if flash drive/USB have a lot of data it my take up-to one minute or little more).
- When the process completes, your data will come out of the shortcut. It will show like (See snapshot)
- Now open the unnamed folder, here you will find all your data. Delete the shortcut and other folder. Enjoy and share to help your friend and family.
Note: If don’t see any file in your USB/Flash driver after this process then please check and show hidden files option.